Monday, December 4, 2006

0010 False Start and Choices

Looking at my new blog (webaddress) reminded me of Steve Martin qoute from a movie.

"The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!
This is the kind of spontaneous publicity I need. My name in print.
That really makes somebody. Things are going to start happening to me now!"

I got a email from a gal, looked like things started happening to me.

Opened up the email and started reading it, didn't look like a spam as it was about valuing peace and restrain in the a strife ridden part of the world.

Soon made to realized that it was a case of mistaken identity caused by a typo in the address bar. (no TUI)

I thanked her for the email with the clarification and went on to add.

But I do think it's time to give peace a chance. But you misspelled email message reminded me of Woody Allen's quote from a graduation speach, Don't ask me why, I must be stooped deep in pop culture. (when was the last time Woody Allen was part of the Popular Culture)

Ok here is what he said....

" More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."

Never made sense to me, until now. He was speaking about choices and in the real world they come mainly in shades of gray, otherwise it would have been a no brainer choice. (Finally I get to use that word without referring to a dunk in the water). And some choices will take you through the longer and painful path, with no instant gratification. There will be growing pain but at least you will have the choice of seeing light at the end of the tunnel ...and the no brainer choice I am referring to is (short term) despair and (seemingly) utter hopelessness rather than total extinction.

More random thoughts than you asked for.

No comments: